Friday, May 24, 2013

A Little of This and A Little of That

Did a little thrifting this week.  I found a couple of treasures to make it worth my while!  Yard sales?  Not so much.  My hubby is on vacation and we looked high and low today.  Only a couple of duds.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I found these two 1964, and 1965 Betty Crocker books at Goodwill.  I love the photography of vintage things and the illustrations!

Found this Pyrex Pink Gooseberry fridgie at a small thrift that has been jacking up the prices on vintage.  Surprisingly,it was prices low and then on sale.  I paid only $2.40

Another vintage red, white and blue item for my July 4th display!  Can't wait.

I've been wanting this "Holiday" thermos (my favorite kind) since Erica at www.pyrexthriftersisters.blogspot.com
posted hers.  I found it!  It was at a different small, local thrift.  It was priced a bit high at $4.50 but it's hard to pass up a Holiday Thermos!



My first blooms popped out this week.  I put them in my collection of milk glass bud vases along with fresh mint.  There's just something about different textured milk glass vases all lined up.  I love it!





Enjoy the holiday weekend!
Stacey

2 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

Yay on the thermos!!! I can't wait to display mine. I was actually thinking today that I have a lot of 4th of July stuff that I have picked up since last year & I'd better get to decorating! My plan is to get it all out after Farm Chicks next weekend. Who knows what I else I might find there:-)

That Betty Crocker Boys & Girls cookbook is one I picked up in Bellingham last year. It's one of my favorites. Maddie made the sugar cookies out of it and they were sooooo good.

Have a great weekend!

Erica

Jill said...

I think you had a good week and the flowers are blooming, that''s the best!!