Friday, April 26, 2013

Vintage Spring Decorating...Inside and Out!

I've been inspired by the sunshine, flowers, and yard sale finds.  Time to decorate!

Oh how I love this Lilac!  We planted it when my daughter was born 14 years ago. 

This portion is hanging over the front porch.  The smell is intoxicating!  It inspired this...

A quiet place on the porch

 
I just planted a whole flat of these!  I think they will add a color pop to the perennials.

I couldn't find a place to clamp the cheese grater, so I stuck it in one of my herb planter pots.

And I added a pansy to the top!
 
There was a yard sale at the local museum.  I got these unused vintage cards for 25 cents

And this towel for 50 cents

And I love this milk glass dish...I will use it for tea bags

The utility cart

 
Inside:
 


 
 

4 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

I love how you put that grater in the pot. It looks like it belongs there!

I found an old thermos at an estate sale yesterday and immediately thought of you. Isn't it funny how we can remember what our friends out in blogland like?

Have a wonderful weekend,

Erica

Stacey Johnson said...

Erica, that is funny! Yes, I'm getting that way too :)

Jill said...

That happens to me too, thinking about what other people would like!!

I would love to have a bouquet of those lilacs!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.