Monday, April 1, 2013

Amazing Vintage Collector's Sale!

So, I'm driving around in my small town on Friday and I see yard sale signs.  Little did I know it would lead me to a gold mine of vintage goodness at amazing prices.  I was crazy with delight!  Here's what I found.
 
I have never seen a 1950's Holiday by Thermos ice chest before in the turquoise color.  I about jumped on top of it to claim it.  And the price?  $7.  It's all metal and though it has some scratches and dings, it is charming and the inside is perfect!

1950's English metal tray $1

I was drooling all over this...1950's train case - mint condition.  It's perfect inside too!  I'm going to display it, but also use it for my makeup traveling.  $1

1964 Midge Doll Case.  I've always wanted one of these, but have only seen them in antique stores for upwards of $15.  This was $3

 
Wind Up Tin Toys from the 70's - $2
 
Oh how I love Fisher Price Little People!  And the 1968 barn is perfect....the cow even still mooooo's when you open it.  Now I need the animals.  I use this stuff of seasonal displays and plan to have fun stuff for when my grand kids come over (in about 20 years or more...ha ha) $2
 
My daughter is too old to play with Barbies anymore, but this is one area of vintage that she collects.  She was thrilled to find this 1978 Barbie House with all the furniture in it and a 1966 MOD Barbie included...all for $5.  I was thrilled because I had this when I was a kid.  You know that strange feeling when you see something you've totally forgot until that moment?  So fun.
 


So I always like to show you what I do with what I find.  I'm a person who asks myself the question, "What can I do with this?" at yard sales.  If I can't answer I usually pass or buy it to sell.  So, here's what I did!

 
I used the cooler as storage in my favorite room of my house, the laundry room.  Favorite since my husband help me paint and remodel it!

It's gonna hold things that were up on the shelf I left doors on for storage because, I had hubby take the doors off and give me more display space!

I hung the tray here.

And here is the display area now.  Oh how I love to do laundry in here.
 
This I didn't get at the sale...it was at Goodwill.  It's from 1978 but has the 1930's Bisquick ad on it.  I thought it was so cute.  Me and my recipe boxes.
 
And I leave you with beauty you can't buy...Daffodils making their grand appearance in my yard.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Jill said...

So exciting!! What a great haul of goodies and such great prices, it makes all the other bad sales so worthwhile when you hit a good one like that!

ColibriNB said...

You're lucky the weather is nice enough for yard sales! Still too much snow and cold here. Love the Midge case and how you found a perfect spot for the other items in your laundry room!