Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vintage, Vintage, Vintage!

I haven't blogged much since hubby got home from the jungle.  It's been so good to have him back and I've been busy with the end of school for kids and wrapping up lots of stuff we are involved in.  Lots of Vintage going on here this month.

First, thrifted mint condition vintage pillowcases for $1 each.  I use these in the center of the table, and in this case, the two are huge so it is a runner.  I love using sheets and pillowcases because they are inexpensive and have no food stains!  Anyway, this is what I came up with








Next, some cool finds -

I've been wanting this milk glass pear plate forever.  It's been sitting in an antique store in my town for 4 years for $20.  I wouldn't pay it.  The store just closed, and even then it wasn't on sale.  I was thrifting and in the bottom of the "unload" bin I spotted it.  Imagine my delight when I saw the price, $3.  Good things come to those who wait, and are thrifty!



My family went to the local ice cream shop in town.  In fact it's called "The Local Scoop".  The owner there is so cute and has a continuous running "Garage sale table" in the shop.  I looked over to see a pile of sheet music from the 1920's-1940's.  She said they were 50 cents.  I was so excited, and I'm planning to frame some of them.


Finally, I visited my friend Jamie's new, OLD kitchen.  She had some really great stuff...here are a few photos.




No comments: