Thursday, June 12, 2014

Dad goes Antiquing and Patriotism

So, my Dad did some errands with me before I took him out for a Father's Day celebratory lunch.  One of my errands was selling to an antique store.  I haven't been in a "shopping" setting with my Dad for years.  I'd forgotten how generous he is and how he works.  I just pointed at something and said how cute.  He grabbed it.  Then I just made conversation about Anne of Green Gables.  He grabbed that too.  Wow, I got spoiled!


I just love the cover of this book!  I read all the Anne books as a girl.

I have always wanted a floral Thermos!  Yipee!

I fell in love with this mini bread box (top).  It's about the size of one loaf of bread.


I put all my July 4th fun out already.  I figure I need a month to enjoy it!













linking up with Share Your Cup Thursday:

 http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2014/06/share-your-cup-thursday-106.html

5 comments:

Jill said...

That's an old LM Montgomery book - nice one to take home!!!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Stacey, your dad sounds like a great guy. Sounds a lot like my hubby. I love your Americana display! Seeing it reminds me that I need to pull out my saltine cracker tin. I have it out in the garage storing seeds. You've got some great pieces! I have my décor out also. Just makes me happy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

ThrifterSisters said...

So you took your dad out to celebrate Father's Day and you got presents? Lucky gal!!

I am loving your 4th decorations. I will be getting mine out next week. I normally keep them up throughout the Summer.

Have an awesome weekend, Stacey!

Erica

Tea in the Library said...

What a lovely day you had!

Vonlipi said...

My dad is the same! We had a MEGA thrifting roadtrip to Brimfield, Mass and my dad bought me all the Pyrex I wanted! SWEET!

Your 4th of July display is really nice; I should try to do one for Canada Day.