I've done different things, including the cleanse in "It's All Good without Gluten" which my Naturopath put me on when I was healing from gluten damage. The one I'm doing now is a little of this and a little of that.
Here's what I'm doing:
1) Drinking "Tom's Medicine Chest Smoothies" from the Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook. Here's what's in them.
2) When I'm craving a treat, I have one of these:
|Mine aren't so pretty...I was in a hurry making them...but they taste great!|
3) I drink Dandelion Root tea which detoxes the liver and helps get rid of the bad stuff. I also load up on Organic green tea, but I always do that. I'm a tea junkie.
4) I increase the time on my daily workout, to get stuff burnin'.
5) I DO NOT get on a scale. I don't believe in them. I think they are a tool of guilt and fear. The numbers don't matter. How I feel matters, and how my jeans that I like the way I look in fit matters. The scale has been dangerous for me in the past, and though I've never had an eating disorder, I think I have that personality. I OBSESS about the numbers. So I don't use scales. It's to easy to compare numbers, and guess what, our bodies are so different two women can wear the same size and be 20 lbs. different in weight. Numbers aren't important.
6) I'm gonna list some of the other new stuff I've been eating alot of and will use on this cleanse. Some of those not pictured are Nancy's Organic Low fat Cultured Cottage Cheese, raw snap peas, veggies and fruit, brown rice tortilla wrap with turkey, lettuce and tomato, lots of water.
|This is my dinner last night. I ate the same, but cut the brown rice past amount in half, and doubled the brocollini and sauteed squash.|
|Love this stuff, I add it to everything.|
|These "Crushers" come in lots of flavors at Trader Joe's (how I love that place!) and they are great for kid lunches, as is the Stonyfield Farm organic yogurt, which I love too.|
Kids and Cold Season:
I don't know what happened to my son this year. Last year he got the perfect attendance award since he was never sick...this year, he got a cold right away. This is what I do, and it really works. Everything is over VERY quickly...especially if you add this to organic, healthy eating.
|My kids are old enough for the full dose. I do this 3-4 times a day when they are sick. I give it to them when they are run down as well.|
|This stuff is amazing. My Naturopath recommends it. I put about 15 drops in the Emergen-C, then you can't taste it. Again, 3-4 times a day while sick|