Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tradition


We've had a July 4th tradition for the last 6 years.  Just the four of us go to the local parade, then we head to another small town, not far away and hang out at the park with live music and food, and then...Fireworks!  This year we decided to do something different, but when it came to the day...all of us (kids included) wanted to stick with tradition.  There is something about those simple traditions that just feels right.  And even though our kids are now 13 and 10, they still enjoy that time as a family.  We laughed and ate and just had alot of fun together.  I'm so glad that we did :)  Traditions with my family are something I'm so thankful for.  I'm also glad my kids still like to hang out with us!  Sure, they have friends over, and do stuff away from home...but they still like the times we spend together, and they know how to "Just be", which is very important to me.  I don't think it's healthy to raise children that have to "go" and "do" and "experience" all the time. There's got to be balance. Simple pleasures and relationships are where it's at.

No comments: