Friday, March 23, 2012

Easy Fabulous Gluten Free Birthday Cake!

This recipe is from my mother-in-laws recipe file.  I remember her serving it at my wedding shower almost 21 years ago!  It's easy, it gets raves AND I've made it gluten free!  I only make it for special occasions it's so rich, but it's great for a GF birthday because EVERYONE will enjoy it.  I made this today for my daughter's 13th Birthday party.

Grasshopper Pie (Love the name too!)

40 GF chocolate sandwich cookies (2 packages) - I use KinniToos
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 gallon chocolate chip mint ice cream
16 oz. Hershey's Hot Fudge

1) Line 9x13 aluminum pan with wax paper and grease it
2)Crush the cookies and mix them with the melted butter (reserving 1/2 cup for top)
3)Press into the pan
4)Cut softened ice cream into 1 inch thick slices
5)Lay onto the crust
6)Warm the fudge slightly in the jar
7) Pour fudge over the top and spread
8) Sprinkle crushed cookies over the top and freeze

* I "wrapped" my cake to look like a present and added decorative buttons - that's pictured



No comments: