Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Linens and Snowflakes!

I've had better luck with pricing and finding things at thrifts the last few weeks!  Here's what I've picked up!


I've been reading "The Kitchen Linens Book" and so was inspired when I found the above printed linen towel and the below embroidered one for only 50c each!


 

I love the fabric on this 60's apron I found at Goodwill for 99c


These trays were in the "metal" section at Goodwill and were unmarked so she gave them to me for the standard 69c each!  I loved Holly Hobbie as a kid.  They are dated 1976


 

Time to brag on my husband.  He went to a meeting in a town about 45 minutes away on his Birthday.  First I get this phone call..." I'm in Goodwill and there is this really shallow rectangle pan with snowflakes on it for $4.99, do you want it?"  Space Saver!  Yipee!  Then later in the day he calls again, "I'm at an Estate Sale...it's late in the day but there is this big bowl that is turquoise with people on it for $5."  The poor guy had no cash, and took time to have them hold it and go get cash!  Then, that same day I was at a different Goodwill and found the second Space Saver that's a little deeper for $5.99!



A random garage sale yielded this box of Shiny Brites for 50c! 



And finally, this 444 Pyrex blue beauty at a "Betty and Nancy" yard sale for $5.  These are the two adorable seniors that used to have an antique shop and have regular sales of the remains in the garages. 

It's been a pretty fantastic couple of weeks!

Link:

http://sirthriftalot.blogspot.com/2013/10/thriftasaurus_26.html

 

8 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

Aren't husbands who bring home Pyrex the best? I have one of those too! We are so lucky :-)

Those space savers came just in time for the holiday season. I can't wait to get mine out!

~Erica

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Awesome haul! I've never seen the Holly Hobbie trays before. I'm the single lookout for Pyrex here, so you're pretty lucky!

Great 444! I haven't been able to find one to complete my Horizon Blue set... always too scratched up.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Your hubby is a sweetheart. I collect the aqua Pyrex and have a few of the Butterprint and one snowflake. Love the ornies too!
hugs,
Jann

Jill said...

It really was a great week for you!! Great pieces!!

A book on linens, sounds interesting!

Pamela Wade said...

Wow! What a great husband! And I love the pyrex you got! Pretty blue! ~~Pam

Dori said...

He's a keeper!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Pyrex AND Shiny Brites??
Great finds! :)
Erica

Anonymous said...

I wish I could find a garage sale like that! ♥