Sunday, October 7, 2012

Vintage Fun and a Progressive Dinner

So....I am a MOPS Mentor Mom this year. 
"You Mop What?"
MOPS is an international organization (Mother's of Preschoolers) and we have a group at our church.  A Mentor Mom is someone who has "been there done that" that encourages the younger Moms.  We had a leadership progressive dinner with 22 women and I got to use some of my fun vintage stuff.  And since I don't usually do many hor d 'oeuvres, I also discovered a new recipe.  Anyway, it was really fun, and these are such fantastic ladies!
Here are some of the other Mentor Moms
OK, I know this is for cheese and crackers, but I had to use it.  It's holding mini fruit salads ($2 Goodwill)
And I had to use some Pyrex

It was fun to use the glass cake plate my Mother-in-law gave me and the milk glass one I found at a thrift ($4).  The base was a wedding gift from my cheer leading coach...I guess that's vintage now too (scary).
 

 

Mini Herb Clafoutis

 
 
OK, so I can't even pronounce the name of this scrumptious bite that I found in "Victoria's Tea Time Bliss" so I'll call them Herb Puffs.  Here is the recipe:
 
Mini Herb Puffs
makes about 48
 
 
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons each fresh chopped rosemary and thyme
 
1)Preheaat oven to 450 and genereously grease 2 mini muffin pans
2)In a meduim bowl, comibine cornstarch and milk, whisking until smooth.  Whisk in eggs and yolks, then gradually whisk in cream and salt.
3) Mix together the cheese and herbs and put enough to cover the bottom of each muffin cup.  Place 2 Tablespoons of the milk mixture on top of each.
4) Bake until the are puffed and golden brown 15-18 minutes.  Cool completely before removing by runing a table knife around the rim of each cup.
 
 

 
 

This is my favorite dish.  You can't see but it has fruit on it.  This is chicken salad...no recipe needed.
1 Rotissere chicken, white meat chopped, a handful of chopped celery and diced grapes.  Add sour cream to taste and salt and pepper it.

 Vintage table cloth $1 and Runner 25 cents at an Estate sale

 Vintage jar with candle from a friend
Candle in a Fire King cup (thritted .50)


I think I may have gotten Stephanie (left) into vintage stuff :)



No comments: