Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Few Weeks of Bliss


It's a fat, juicy post-vacation post as promised!  I've been to a couple of estate sales, some yard sales, and lots of cute antique shops on vacation.  We've had such a relaxing fun time as a family...camping, hiking and "towning". 


Hit an estate sale at home...I got the above table covers....


This darling salt and pepper set...

Another salt and pepper...

cute tin cups...I had to dig these out of a really gross box...

And my favorite:  these "camper" mugs.  I'm saving these for our "Someday" vintage camper.




This charming cream and sugar....





A baby Peppy...
And lots of old west magazines...ALL of this stuff from the same sale, $5 for all of it!



 These items are from random yard sales

 
 
 

Then there was the senior center book sale... 10 cents each.




 
 
 
25 cents for this atomic pitcher



and for this Lotus bowl.
 

I went to the Swap Meet a few hours before closing... A lady yelled out "4 items for $1!"  Here's what I got...


Westmoreland cream and sugar

Pyrex Mixing Bowl

Fire King restaurant platter

Vintage tree topper in the package

LOTS of books....there seems to be a book streak....

 
This cute Santa mug
 

We went to Idaho and I hit a few antique stores there, and on the way.  The following came from:

Apple Annie's in Cashmere WA, The Rickety Rocker in Sandpoint Idaho, and another antique mall in Sandpoint. 



I thought an Idaho butter box was a fitting souvenir...and I LOVE this sifter!

                                                          I found a Pink Scroll!

And this is my favorite!  I had visited this little shop the day before and spotted this darling toy fridge for $15.  I didn't get it.  Then I went into Sandpoint and saw one for $75.  We were headed for Silverwood, and my sweet family sat with me for 30 minutes and waited for the little shop to open on the way.  I got it!  I'm going to put in in my kitchen.



The thermos on the left came from an Idaho Goodwill for $2.99.  I noticed that Erica from www.pyrexthriftersisters.blogspot.com got one this month too!  The other is from a yard sale for 50 cents!
 
 
These Pyrex pieces came from an Estate Sale...75 cents each

And this table cloth...I love it! $1

Also this cooking pamphlet and May figurine $1 each

 
I saw this table cloth from across the room...I could tell it was Vera and confirmed it with the signature!  It's my first Vera linen piece. $1


At a yard sale, I picked up this set of 1970's wall plaques  50 cents each
 
 
I went to add things to my antique booth and a vendor had this cork thermos for only $6!  I've been looking for this!


And finally a couple of finds at a local thrift since I've been home.  This recipe box $1.50
A set of 4 Pyrex mugs .49 cents each!
 
Sheww!  Lots of finds.  Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer :)
Linked:
 

5 comments:

CherryPicked said...

Awesome finds! If you did decide to sell your camper mugs I would be happy to offer you a fair price. I'm in the process of restoring a 1952 camper!

ThrifterSisters said...

I can't believe all of the amazing stuff you found! That sounds like my kind of vacation for sure:-)

I love the sifter and all the linens the best. I'm headed out to some sales tomorrow. Hopefully I have some luck.

Glad you are back!

~Erica

Jill said...

Oh, Stacey, I can't believe you spotted that tablecloth, what a find!!

You were so lucky to come home with all those great treasures!

Unknown said...

You really brought home some great stuff! I would have to say that the camper mugs would look adorable in our camper! And good for you finding the elusive Pyrex pink scroll!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a bunch of good stuff! Love the camper mugs and the vintage deer. Lots of great Pyrex and that toy fridge is fabulous! I can't believe the price. When ever I run across toy stoves or fridges they are big bucks! You did done good girl! lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Oh, and hubby and I took a road trip a couple years ago and I swear we stopped at that antique store in Sandpoint. Oh and I love, love the sifter!
hugs,
Jann